Enjoy the primary old-growth rainforest at the Pook’s Hill Reserve and take advantage of our proximity to Actun Tunichil Munkal (ATM Cave) to experience one of the most popular adventure tours in Western Belize. This tour combines nature hiking, caving adventure, and a magical trip into the Maya underworld, making it one of the most popular adventure tours in western Belize. A forty-five minute hike up the Roaring River Valley and through the rainforest of the Tapir Mountain Preserve leads you to the entrance of the cave where an experienced guide will take you on a journey into ‘Xibalba,’ the Maya underworld. Exploring this geologically fascinating cave is a treat all of its own but the main attraction is the ‘Cathedral’ chamber, which was a Maya ceremonial and burial ground. Pook’s Hill is the nearest lodge to the ATM Cave and offers early morning private tours that provide our guests with the opportunity to get into the cave first. (Please note that this is “wet” tour with lots of time spent in rivers. You will need closed toes shoes that can get wet and socks. It is a full day of physical activity and may not be appropriate for all people. The official age limit is 12 years.)
ATM Cave Adventure Package includes:
- Three night’s accommodation at Pook’s Hill Lodge
- A full day guided tour of the ATM Cave
- One full day to enjoy the Pook’s Hill Forest Reserve – pre-arrange for one of our guides to take you bird watching, hiking on our trails, river tubing or on a night walk; Or enjoy the reserve on your own.
- All meals beginning with dinner the arrival day and ending with breakfast the departure day
- Pick- up and drop off from/to Belize City (upgrades to other destinations available)
- All taxes and service fees
Add An Extra Night To Your Package!
Add an extra night at Pook’s Hill with all meals included to any package and allow yourself the luxury of a full day to enjoy our old growth rainforest preserve or to arrange for another tour of your choice (extra tour price not included in rate).